A comprehensive financial plan needs to be accompanied by a robust investment strategy designed to help you achieve your goals and objectives within the timescales set. I believe that your portfolio should be:
- Tailored to your individual attitude to risk allowing you to sleep at night;
- Diversified across the whole market to reduce risk;
- Based on evidence of historic returns;
- Tax efficient;
- Low costed;
- Disciplined in its approach regardless of prevailing market conditions;
- Reviewed and rebalanced on a regular basis.
Trying to predict markets can be a dangerous game and can add unnecessary risk to your portfolio as well as anxiety to you. Whilst some investment managers are able to outperform markets, they are in the minority and are increasingly difficult to identify.